Today’s 14 for the 14th is a variation on an old homemade lemonade recipe I had. It’s pink lemonade though! Which is my favorite, because it’s not done with any kind of dye, it’s naturally a bright, bold color because of the infused raspberries. And honestly I love it. I may be biased though, because I’m a bit obsessed with raspberries.
- 2 c. sugar
- 2 c. water
- 2 1/2 c. lemon juice (12-15 lemons)
- 1 1/2 c. fresh raspberries
- 8-12 c. cold water
- Make simple syrup by dissolving 2 cups sugar in equal parts boiling water.
- Infuse your syrup with the raspberries by throwing them in and simmering for about 10 minutes, or until they begin to fall apart.
- In the mean time, squeeze your lemons until you have about 2 1/2 cups. Mine took between 12-15 fresh lemons, but I don’t have a juicer or anything handy like that. Just plain ol’ squeezing and sore thumbs for me!
- Strain your simple syrup to remove the raspberry skin and seeds.
- Combine raspberry infused simple syrup, fresh lemon juice, and cold water in a large pitcher. Refrigerate.
- Serve chilled with a fresh lemon slice and raspberry on the side!
P.S. This is what the strained gunk looks like! I found it very amusing, and had to take this picture for posterity before cleaning up. The little things bring me such joy…
Would you drink pink lemonade solely because it’s Valentine’s day? At first I thought the idea was silly, but since I love raspberries, I’m finding an excuse to add them to pretty much everything, anyway!