Crinkle cookies look adorable, and are so soft and chewy. :) I hadn’t had any before making this recipe, but I knew that I wanted to try them – and use box mix to help me along. I’m not against home made cookies, that would be silly! I like finding short cuts though, and if I wanted a unique cookie flavor (like strawberry!) this was a fool proof plan! So a friend and I came up with our own Strawberry Crinkle Cookies from a Box Mix recipe!
Honestly, I thought I had shared this recipe a few weeks ago! Can you believe that? I’m feeling pretty forgetful. :)
- Strawberry cake mix
- 5 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- powered sugar to coat
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine cake mix, oil, eggs baking power, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Roll dough into 1 ½” rounds and coat in powdered sugar.
- Line baking sheet with foil and place sugar covered rounds on it.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, or nearly so: 12-13 minutes.
- Cool 2-3 minutes on pan, then move to wire rack.
Tip: It’s OK to put a thick coating of sugar on the dough, as it will soak up a portion of that sugar, making it not visible. For a less sweet option, just refrigerate your balls for 20 minutes or so. This will keep the sugar from dissolving into them before they have a chance to cook. :)