Another wonderful meal made with my Father on Sunday! I’ll tell you a little secret – the cream cheese we used said “Best by Jan 30, 2012”! It was still sealed, so we agreed to try it. We used nearly the entire 8oz, and have since finished the whole batch. No sickness, so lucky us!
Since yesterday, Kristofer has been visiting, and been so very nice! He’s been a great influence, working for 4 hours straight with me, while I finished homeworks and quizzes for accounting and jazz. When we get a break, we paint nails (yes, even Kristofer – what a great, hilarious sport) and make ice cream, truffles, & spaghetti squash. What fun, I’ll have to put up pictures in a day or two. He leaves tomorrow, but I’ve got plans with Owen tomorrow evening to try sunset photos again!
I’ve included the recipe here for convenience.
- 4 cup(s) of chicken, cooked and shredded
- 12 soft taco, flour tortillas
- 2 cup(s) of mozzarella cheese, grated
- 4 ounce(s) of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1/3 cup(s) of Frank’s hot sauce
- 1/3 cup(s) of milk
- 2 tbsp. of butter
- 1 tsp. of Mrs. Dash
- 1 tsp. of garlic powder
- 2 tbsp. of vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot over medium low heat, melt butter.
- Add Mrs. Dash, garlic powder. Stir to combine and cook for 1 minute.
- Add cream cheese and stir until melted and completely combined with butter and spices.
- Wisk in hot sauce and milk and simmer for 5 – 8 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Combine chicken and sauce.
- Lay out a tortilla; fill with about ¼ – 1/3 cup chicken and 2 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese.
- Tightly roll up taquito and place on a greased baking sheet; repeat until chicken is gone.
- Brush taquitos with vegetable oil on all sides.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes; rotate them every 5 minutes, until golden brown.