The first time I ever tried risotto was in Ireland, when I went to see Giant’s Causeway! Um, YUM. I ordered it again and again during my time abroad, even suffering through some really strong mushrooms in Paris. So here’s a date night suggestion: cheesy risotto for two.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 medium chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1/2 lb Arborio rice
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/8 heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cheese
- 1 tbs chopped chives + more for garnish
Cheesy Risotto for Two Recipe
- In a large saucepan, head olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock and garlic, heat to boiling, and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add rice and simmer for 15 minutes, or until soft and creamy.
- Add butter, cream, cheese, and chives. Reseason with salt and pepper.
- Simmer 2 minutes and serve immediately. Garnish with grated cheese and chives.
This recipe is adapted from Emeril’s. I adjusted the amounts and instructions to better fit two people. I have some left-overs, probably the perfect amount to take for lunch tomorrow!
I made this risotto for two dish way less fancy, and way more simple, than the original, full-force recipe. First off, I love garlic. I love fresh garlic. I just haven’t been cooking enough recently to have fresh garlic. Cue canned garlic. Second, I’m a big onion lover! I put a whole onion in my recipe, even though that was probably more than the original recipe needed. If you don’t like onions, adjust accordingly (you probably would have, anyway)! Third, cheese. Oh, cheese. I love you, but I don’t eat you that much. In the spirit of frugality, I bought a bag of parmesan shredded cheese for the recipe, and a block of mild cheddar cheese to top it with. Finally, chives! Don’t skimp on the chives! I love the not buy garnishes, because I can never, ever, ever use them up. Even half-way. But they’re good. Add some to the top. Yum.
Cooking for two is smart, conservative, allows you to have some variety. But risotto for two? More like risotto for Lauren, none for you.
[…] Best Risotto For Two from Recipe Cheesy Risotto for Two. Source Image: infinite.nu. Visit this site for details: infinite.nu […]