Basil Cream Chicken
- Author: Lauren Gray
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- 2 tbs butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup italian bread crumbs
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut lengthwise to make 4 total thinner pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 4oz jar of chopped pimientos, drained
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- freshly grated pepper
- Preheat oven to 170.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Pour milk in a shallow dish and place breadcrumbs in a second dish.
- Dip each of the pieces of chicken in the milk, then the breadcrumbs.
- Transfer to skillet and allow to cook through and brown on both sides.
- Place a cooling rack on a baking sheet. Transfer chicken to cooling rack on baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm
- Add the broth to the skillet and bring to boil, whisking to remove browning from the skillet and into sauce.
- Add in the cream and pimientos, then cook until slightly thickened.
- Reduce heat then add parmesan cheese and basil. Season to taste with pepper.
- Remove chicken from oven and transfer to a baking dish. Pour cream into dish making sure to coat the chicken.
- Bake chicken and sauce at 325 for 20 minutes, flipping once halfway.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving.